Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little Summer, Little Fall

I have finally uploaded all of our photos from our trip to Martha’s Vineyard in August. We were only there for a few days, and had so very much fun! Andy went home with Nana and Alex on Tuesday after his birthday party, and I flew up on Saturday. Andy loved the beach, and loved running around with his 2 Alex cousins (Alex his first cousin, and Alex, my first cousin Heather’s daughter). The tough guy picture was taken at the band concert in Oak Bluffs. To view pictures from the Vineyard trip, click here.

Last Thursday night was our first back to school night, and it was so great! Andy told the neighbors that his friend Erik was coming over to play with him. He failed to mention that Erik is actually Mr. Erik, and that he was coming over to play while babysitting. We are not sure if he put the facts together, but is clearly very fond of Mr. Erik and loved playing with him.

On Monday morning, I went to volunteer in Andy’s classroom, the first of my monthly visits throughout the year. I facilitated one of the “centers” where they were working on coloring and word identification. Andy was so very thrilled to have me there that he kept telling people that Mrs. Hastings was actually his Mom, despite my introduction to the whole class. It was both adorable and reassuring to see a whole class full of kids who are as chatty, enthusiastic and silly as Andy. I am trying to convince Cory that volunteering is not scary and totally fun so he will join too (the teacher begged for more volunteers at back to school night).

I have also posted some pictures Cory took when he and Andy went to the Renaissance Festival a few weeks ago. They love it and I don’t, so this was the first annual Andy and Daddy (and no Mommy) visit. Cory indulged Andy in not 1, but 2 new swords, bringing the grand total count of swords in our house 2 steps closer to 100. Apparently they are not all the same. Click here and navigate to the end of the slideshow to view the pictures.