Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How do you like them apples?

Andy's homework tonight was to write 3 kind things you might do for a friend. Though I'm sure you can read the homework assignment to the right (click on the link to see it bigger), I have translated it below as well.



Give him a toy.


Say "Are you ok?" when they are sad.


Share cookies with them.



I wrote the sentences that Andy dictated, and he did his homework while I did a little of mine. He notified me earnestly that the curly-q at the end of the "a" is called a kick. When he was done, he slid the paper across to me and said, "How do you like them apples?"

Andy has been practicing writing in D'Nealian handwriting. For tomorrow's homework, he must write his name 3 times using D'Nealian handwriting. To view what Andy's homework will look like towards the end of the year, you can click here for a sample.

In case you think the homework schedule is too intense for our little monkey, yesterday's assignment was to practice tying his shoes.

Tomorrow is back to school night, and Andy is excited for Mr. Erik to come and play with him while Cory and I head up the road. I'm sure I'll have lots to report.