We’ve been busy! Andy took us for a special trip to Boston so that the whole family could celebrate his Dad! We celebrated Cory’s birthday (June 19) early and Father’s Day right on time.
We arrived on Saturday, had some lunch and headed to Gigi’s sister’s house to splash in her pool. It was so much fun to have a whole pool to ourselves, including the Star Wars floating toy. We were able to bounce and splash in a way that might be frowned upon in our community pool!
We had a cookout on Saturday evening and the usual family baseball game followed. Though the boys may claim otherwise, the girls TOTALLY won... just like last year! Alex demonstrated the exceptional skills he learned as a star player on his Milton Little League team, the Phillies, this spring. Baseball is serious business in Milton.
In celebration of the Father’s Day, Mom, Mary, Deirdre and I ditched all the boys, donned our glow sticks and went to the extrABBAganza – a performance of ABBA songs by the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus. It was a total blast!
Andy and I came home on Tuesday, and Andy started his new daycare, Winwood, on Wednesday. Based on the transition to the Kiddie Academy in January (2 weeks of screaming, finger-prying getaways for Cory each morning), we were a little apprehensive. The first day, as anticipated, Andy cried for a whole hour after drop-off. The second day and all subsequent days have been amazing! Totally dry eyes in the morning with hardly a look back to say goodbye to Dad – just what we want for a happy boy happily going off to school. In fact, he actually asked how many minutes until he could go back when I picked him up the second day. I am not sure if he was anxious to get back to Owen, his new best friend (also new last Wednesday) or the Barbies I had to drag him away from. I am so thankful for both!
Now that the transition was a breeze, we can look forward to a summer full of field trips at Winwood “summer camp”. Today was the first field trip, and they went swimming at a local indoor pool/water park. Wednesday is a big trip to the zoo (we are already resting up for the all day event), and Friday is a visit to another local pool. Big boy fun for a happy camper!
To view all of the photos from our trip, click on the link below:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7lb9i70f.3urq5u8j&x=0&y=-d3wzfp&localeid=en_US